Read Johnny's "Metaphormorphic Book of Days, Dreams & Shadows"

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

An addition to my Metaphormorphic Book

"No," I told her. "There is no such guarantee. If there were there would be no point..."...

The other women in the room sat uneasily in the silence. "Then why do this at all?" another woman asked. "Why would we risk the unknown changes that this knowledge could bring into our lives?"

I paused and considered it for myself. "For Freedom," I said. "I risk it for the freedom, to see what is true, what I really want in my life, and I will live with the consequences of those choices. But if I want to live a life close to my deepest desires, I have to risk knowing who I really am and have always been. Knowing this, then I can choose."

You could taste the fear in the room.


From Oriah Mountain Dreamer's "The Invitation", relating to the section about The Fear, on her poem of the same name:

It doesn't interest me how old you are.
I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool,
for love,
for your dream,
for the adventure of being alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home